Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Cold Pressed extra virgin olive oil

I promised myself if I was able to work with Gourmet Living again and got to taste test another olive oil, the first thing I'd do is leave a meatball recipe for you guys to try out that I make with it.  Honestly, a good olive oil makes a world of difference.  Let me tell you a little bit about the olive oil first.  Yes, I cracked it right open the moment it arrived!  It's not weird to have multiple olive oils open in one's home that are used for different things, right?  The first recipe I made using the oil was a salad dressing.  Nothing fancy, I wanted to taste the olive oil mainly.  It was just as wonderful as its predecessor.  Smooth, buttery, and with an almost peppery after-taste.  It was delicious!  I of course also got out a hearty bread to try in it as well and it did not disappoint.  Now, on to this meatball recipe!
3lbs ground turkey
1/2lb sweet Italian sausage
3 cups of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese
2/3 cup of whole milk
2 eggs
3 tb olive oil
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
mix it all together, shape into meatballs, brush the tops of the meatballs with olive oil, and bake at 400 for 40 minutes.  They are amazing!
https://gourmetliving.org/product/extra-virgin-olive-oil-tuscany-italy

No comments:

Post a Comment